Compatriot Capital directs the real estate investment strategy for Sammons Enterprises, Inc. Compatriot is building a business consisting of strategic entity-level investments in real estate companies.
Compatriot has invested in:
- Albion Residential, a real estate company focused on the acquisition, development, renovation and asset management of Midwestern multi-family assets. Albion’s emphasis is on creating exceptional and innovative living environments that stand apart by bringing design, style and function from throughout the world to the Central U.S. (www.albion-residential.com)
- E2M Partners, a fully discretionary real estate investment fund manager, specializing in value-add and opportunistic real estate investments. E2M has invested in over $1.5 billion worth of real estate transactions, through three discretionary funds, since 1999. E2M invests capital on behalf of its investors in real estate assets and real estate related debt throughout the United States and within every major asset class. (www.e2mpartners.com)
- JLB Partners, a national developer, builder and manager of Class A multi-family assets in selected U.S. markets in the Southwest, Southeast, and Mid-Atlantic regions. JLB's portfolio includes low-density garden communities, medium-density, mid-rise communities, and high-density, high-rise communities intended for conventional rental, student housing and mixed-use developments. Properties are characterized by luxury, quality and professionalism. Each apartment home in the portfolio features a choice of gracious living spaces, the finest finishes, and market leading amenities. (www.jlbpartners.com)
- KDC Holdings, a LEED-certified, national commercial real estate firm specializing in developing corporate facilities, headquarters and campuses, developing and acquiring healthcare-related facilities, developing data centers, acquiring existing and surplus corporate facilities, providing project and construction management services, and managing land assets. (www.kdc.com)
- Village Green Holding, a national real estate company that manages apartment communities nationwide and develops urban multi-family communities in major Midwestern markets. Village Green offers four distinct lifestyle brands which feature luxury standards, personalized services, resort-class amenities and superior locations. Village Green has received CEL & Associates' National Customer Service Award for Excellence six years in a row (2009 - 2014), and is consistently ranked at the top in customer service by Kingsley Associates. (www.villagegreen.com)
Compatriot's strategy is to acquire meaningful ownership positions with shared governance in companies with stable, tenured, and talented management teams, a commitment to succession planning, substantial operations and earnings, a history of sustainability through cycles, and a desire to grow their business platform. Investments are intended to be long-term, without any pre-determined plan and time horizon to sell or divest. In connection with these investments, Compatriot will also consider providing co-investment capital for asset and balance sheet growth. Compatriot plans to invest in best-in-class companies generally focused on a single real estate sector (e.g. hospitality, multifamily, land development, industrial, retail, office, etc.). The individual companies will be complementary in strategic approach and geography.